Sunday 21 February 2010

A blanket for Billy's brother's baby

Billy, of the jeans fame, is a boy child in my office. He has a brother EVEN younger than him, who, astonishingly, has gone forth and multiplied. As Billy's supervisor had given me the wool I made my boys jumpers from, it seem apposite to use it up to make a blanket for him.















It's stripey. It looks like an aeroplane blanket. It's very cuddly. And what's more, it's a dish cloth pattern. I hunted high and low for this, although I could I guess have worked it out myself. It's the sort of pattern that's so obvious it's not published. So on the off chance that you too have been hunting for it, it goes like this:


Increasing
R1: Cast on 4
R2: Knit 4
R3: Knit 2, yarn over, knit to end of row.
Repeat until long enough on the diagonal.

Decreasing
R1: K1, K2tog, yarn over, K2tog, knit to end of row
Repeat until 4 stitches
cast off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hullo. What size needles would you suggest for this blanket? I love it!
~J