Tuesday 6 May 2014

Me Made May the first few days

 
May 1st: Refashioned denim skirt. Refashioned tshirt. Nominally refashioned cardigan (it came with awful gold buttons which I replaced with plain ones)
 
 May 2nd: Refashioned (er, taken in an inch) tshirt. Zinnia skirt. Baby. I made him and all.







 
May 3rd: Long Wiksten tank with hacked pockets. I made this last year and it's too big for me now, but I'm not sure how best to take it in. Back darts? Elastic? I can't just sew down the side seams because of the pockets and the binding at the arm holes.


















 May 4th. I seem to be wearing the same outfit as May 2nd. I'm nothing if not consistent.

May 5th: Pencil skirt from ikea upholstery fabric and Loft tshirt.

Things I have learned so far this month: I have an embarrassing dependence on upholstery fabric. One Ikea skirt, two Marimekko (from Crate and Barrel) garments: the long Wiksten and the Zinnia skirt. Secondly, my family are not gifted photographers. The bottom two are selfies as my husband is away. The top ones are his work. Fortunately we have other talents.










No comments: