In only a couple of short weeks time it is, in chronological order (as opposed to order of priority, alphabetical, what they add up to if you wrote them in binary) it is Spring (yay!) Mother's Day and My Birthday. Also, by then I'll have done my half marathon, and therefore will have fallen off the wagon in, hopefully, quite a spectacular way. But not immediately afterwards, because I did that in 2006 and it hurt really badly for days, and then I was pregnant.
So, if anyone out there (and really that just means my husband) is wondering what I might like to celebrate with, may I make some suggestions*:
- Buttons, ribbons, notions (that means pretty things if you're a man reading this)
- Simplicity 4076
- A rotary cutter
- A cutting mat, for my rotary cutter, so I don't carve up the dining room table
- Craft books
- Leon Cookbook
- A subscription to Sew Hip
- A Clothkits skirt or a Gossypium dress
- Bendicks After Dinner Mints (I am willing to share these with the donor)
- A birthday cake with candles
- Blue / green / yellow Kool Aid (but you already knew that)
- A sunny day on the allotment
And, most importantly
- Time to play with it all!
*Not being the greedy type, I don't expect all of this stuff. But a couple of bits would be nice.